Bibliography for Difficult Decisions
Following Prenatal Diagnosis
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital. Heartbreak Pregnancy: Unfulfilled Promises. Pregnancy and Infant Loss Center, Wayzata, MN.
- Borg, Susan, & Lasker, Judith. When Pregnancy Fails. Bantam Books, 1988.
- Briggs, Lauren. What You Can Say….When You Don't Know What to Say. Harvest House Publishers, 1985.
- Delp, Kathleen J., ACSW, & Minnick, Molly, ACSW. Support Group Manual: A Training Manual for Conducting Support Programs for Parents Who Have Interrupted Pregnancies Secondary to Fetal Anomalies. Pineapple Press, St. John, MI.
- Difficult Decisions, for Families Whose Unborn Baby Has a Serious Problem. Centering Corporation, Omaha, NE.
- Friedman, Rochelle, MD., & Gradstein, Bonnie. Surviving Pregnancy Loss. Little, Brown & Co., 1992.
- Hodge, Dr. Susan E. Choice for Love, Notes From a Friend: A Journal After a Genetic Termination. Centering Corporation, Omaha, NE., 1995
- Ilse, Sherokee. Precious Lives, Painful Choices: A Prenatal Decision-Making Guide. Wintergreen Press, Maple Plain, MN, 1993.
- Kohn, Ingrid, MSW, Moffitt, Perry-Lynn, & Wilkins, Isabelle A., MD. A Silent Sorrow- Pregnancy Loss: Guidance and Support for You and Your Family. New York, NY: Routledge, 2000.
- Lyon, Wendy L., Minnick, Molly A., ACSW A Mother's Dilemma: A Spiritual Search for Meaning Following Pregnancy Interruption After Prenatal Diagnosis. Pineapple Press, St. John, MI., 1993.
- Minnick, Molly A., ACSW, Delp, Kathleen J., ACSW, & Ciotti, Mary C., MD. A Time to Decide, A Time to Heal. Pineapple Press, St. John, MI., 1996.
- Reid, Joanie. Life Line: A Journal For Parents Grieving a Miscarriage, Stillbirth, or Early Infant Death. Pineapple Press. St. John, MI.
- Wegner, Martha Hay. Embracing Laura: The Grief and Healing Following the Death of a Twin. Centering Corporation, Omaha, NE., 1998.
- Yesterday I Dreamed of Dreams….Poems, Letters and Memorials Written by Parents for Babies They Love. Compiled by Molly A. Minnick, ACSW. Pineapple Press, St. John, MI.
- Schwiebert, Pat. For the Love of Our Family. (video) Perinatal Loss, Portland, OR., 1997.
- Support for Prenatal Decision - Developed as a teaching aid for professional and paraprofessionals working in the field of genetics and prenatal diagnosis, this film presents a panel of parents who have experienced prenatal diagnosis and chose to interrupt their pregnancy. Rental price is $35 plus shipping; purchase price is $95 plus shipping. Contact Support for Prenatal Decision, PO Box 7523, Redlands, CA 92375.
- Teaching videos available from the Family Health Institute, PO Box 904, Alma, MI 48801, 517-463-2779:
- Who Cares for the Caregiver? By Jack M. Stack, MD. A lecture and discussion of pain experienced by a wide range of caregivers, including dysfunctional behaviors and methods of dealing with losses.